Air traffic increases at a tremendous speed, bringing airports to their capacity limits and making the operations even more complicated. To meet the increasing demand additional systems are put into place, supporting controllers in their daily work. When not harmonized, these systems often add more workload to the already heavy task list of controllers . OneControl reduces complexity and lets ATCO:s focus on their real task – managing air traffic.
How will OneControl help harmonizing Tower operations?
OneControl is your next level Integrated Controller Working Position (ICWP). By integrating our well-established product modules into a single screen application, OneControl provides a flexible platform that increases safety and efficiency. By aggregating information from different systems, there are many benefits to be had. In addition, OneControl is easily expandable, allowing users to add functionality without the need of major infrastructure adaptations.
What does it contain?
Central element is the display of a map, showing airport or airspace including additional information like:
- Exact location of targets detected by different radar sources and correlated flight data, e.g. call sign, aircraft type or route
- Stand status information such as occupied stands, stands with conflicts or stands where the docking procedure is in progress
- Airfield Ground Lighting (AGL) status information, e.g. taxiway centerline lights, runway centerline lights etc. and the possibility to control them.
Main Display Area
The airport or airspace map forms the central part of One-Control, where only the most relevant information needed in the daily operations are shown. Various layers that provide additional information can be enabled on demand.
Additional widgets for all sorts of information are provided and might include flight strips for building a sequence of flights, Info Views containing weather data, navaids and other interface status, runway operation mode, CCTV cameras and flight sequence windows. These widgets can be placed freely based on the airport’s needs.
- Flight strips for building a sequence of flights
- Info Views containing weather data, navaids and other interface status, runway operation mode
- CCTV cameras
- Flight sequence windows
- These widgets can be placed freely based on the airport’s needs.
The integration of information brings superior functionality:
- Improved routing & guidance, including Follow the Green
- Enhanced safety by combining surveillance data with other kinds of information
- Pushback Support, showing what procedures are available and selecting the most efficient one
- Stripless workflow support, allowing users to enter clearances at aircraft labels.
- Gate conflicts, detecting overlaps in gate assignment based on actual position data of aircraft, or showing occupied or
closed parking positions
Interested in more information?
For more info about OneControl, visit us at stand 351 at World ATM Congress in Madrid, March 6-8, 2018 or download information about OneControl in PDF-format.
ADB SAFEGATE is a leading provider of intelligent solutions that deliver superior airport performance and operations, and jointly identify and solve bottlenecks. Our consultative approach enables airports to improve efficiency, enhance safety and environmental sustainability, as well as reduce operational costs. Our portfolio includes solutions and services that harmonize airport performance, tackling every aspect of traffic handling and guidance, from approach, runway and taxiway lighting, to tower-based traffic control systems and intelligent gate and docking automation. ADB SAFEGATE has 900+ employees in more than 20 countries and serves some 2,500+ airports in more than 175 countries.