PRESS RELEASE. Today’s airports generate vast amounts of data, but too often it is locked up in silos with little chance of being used to benefit the airport as a whole. At Passenger Terminal EXPO 2022, ADB SAFEGATE will show how airports can transform their performance by unleashing the power of data and predictability.
At Passenger Terminal EXPO 2022 in Paris, ADB SAFEGATE is bringing together the solutions and partners that will help airports build a more efficient future, one in which intelligent integration and automation will create smarter, more tightly integrated airport processes and systems.
The Digital Apron
Our Digital Apron builds on integrating processes and systems from the airfield, gate, tower and terminal to improve overall airport performance.
Advanced technologies to help airport operators
The solution brings advanced technologies including automated aircraft docking, data analysis, artificial intelligence and video surveillance to help airport operators:
- Improve turnaround operations and on-time performance
- Plan and manage the environmental impact of airside operations
- Create a connected eco-system providing operational elasticity
- Stay operational in all weather conditions
- Use apron space more efficiently for safer, incident-free operations
- Reduce operational costs and create new revenue streams
- Improve the passenger experience
Building blocks to achieve efficient, safe and sustainable, all-weather operations
ADB SAFEGATE has many of the Digital Apron building blocks already in place to achieve efficient, safe and sustainable, all-weather operations.
- Our Unified Web Platform (AS-Vision) allows airport and airline staff to view data relevant to their functional roles on any mobile device and manage airport performance on the move. It provides a single view for all flight related information whether it is flight updates, turnaround process, status of apron resources or KPIs, and allows airports to integrate different systems for a unified stakeholder experience.
- Our SafeControl Apron Management (SAM) increases situational awareness with a complete view of ground traffic, together with real-time updates on stand operations, equipment status and turnaround process, to enable operators to make better decisions to mitigate disruption and enhance operational efficiency. Its new web- and mobile-friendly interface runs smoothly in a browser on any mobile device.
- Our latest generation Safedock Advanced Visual Docking Guidance Systems (A-VDGS) now include a mobile operator panel. It creates timestamps for the start and completion of each turnaround activity and sends this data automatically to SAM and AS-Vision where it is enriched with the data from sensors, video and image recognition to create a 360° operational view of the apron.
When integrated with the Advanced Surface Movement Guidance and Control System (A-SMGCS) the A-VDGS act as A-SMGCS sensors to eliminate black spots near terminal buildings, providing greater situational awareness and safer operations. ADB SAFEGATE is in unique position to provide airports and airlines the integrated, cutting-edge solutions needed to support operational and commercial elasticity, as well as future-focused partnerships.
Learn more about our solutions for the Digital Apron at stand Z2.5000 at the Passenger Terminal EXPO, 15-17 June, in Paris.
Find the latest press releases from ADB SAFEGATE here.
ADB SAFEGATE provides integrated solutions that raise efficiency, improve safety, boost environmental sustainability and reduce operational costs for airports, airlines and ANSPs. The company works with airports and airlines to solve operational bottlenecks, helping them navigate today’s challenges and prepare for tomorrow. Solutions encompass airfield lighting, power and control systems, smart airport and tower software solutions, intelligent docking automation and aftermarket services. With more than 1,200 employees, ADB SAFEGATE serves more than 2,500 airports in more than 175 countries, from the busiest and largest like Atlanta, Beijing, Dubai, Heathrow, Charles De Gaulle, Frankfurt, Istanbul, New Delhi and Changi to fast-growing airports across Asia and Africa.